Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mama t-rex, an introduction


I like the ambiguity of my blog address - mamatrex - because it binds & sums up two major facets of my life.

First & foremost, I'm a mama to two little boys. Two little boys who truly believe with every fibre of their beings that they are actual tyrannosauras rexes at any given moment during the day. Dinosaur fascination abounds in our home right now, they live & breathe them. The rules are they make me be the mama of whatever dinosaur they are that particular moment - hence, mama t-rex. So, here is a picture of J. (T-rex senior at almost 5 years old) & H. (T-rex junior at 2 1/2.) doing what they do best at our family cabin - roaming the woods and looking for planteaters.

Secondly, in my previous life as a single girl I did a lot of traveling, sometimes with friends & family, sometimes alone. Treks, as it were. It's the solo travels that shaped me as an adult & I carry that part of me still. So - mama t-rex, or mama treks. Here is our family, our life together, simplified.

No comments: